Apply For A Scholarship
TUITION & FEES SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINES:
July 20, 2022, for assistance with Fall 2022 Semester
November 20, 2022, for assistance with Spring 2023 Semester
Please submit your application online below. If you do not want to electronically submit your application you can download the form and mail it to us at:
The Dylan A. Williams Foundation
PO Box 551693
Jacksonville, FL 32255
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Scholarships Are Considered If:
You have been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis
You are accepted at a college, university, or trade/vocational school for the upcoming semester
You are not currently on academic warning or probation - must be in good academic standing
You have a GPA of at least 2.0 at the time of application (high school or college)
You have completed a FASFA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
You can provide a letter of recommendation from and Instructor or Employer
You complete and submit your application by the deadline(s) listed above
- Scholarships are awarded in amounts up to $2500. (based on upcoming registration costs)
- ALL funds are paid directly to college/university - NO checks will be issued to students - NO reimbursements will be made for charges paid by a student prior to being notified of scholarship award. All other aid (any kind of grants or scholarships) must be used prior to receiving a Dylan’s Dream Foundation award.
- Foundation Scholarships are based on financial need.
- Students must apply each semester – applications do not carry over to the next semester.
The Scholarship Process
- We receive your application and letter of recommendation.
- We check financial aid information, academic standing, etc. through the Financial Aid Office.
- Applications are evaluated by The Dylan’s Dream Foundation Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants are notified via the email address they provide as to whether or not an award has been made. (The process MAY take up to SIX weeks following the application deadline. Please check your email regularly for your notification.)
- The business office will be notified to apply the scholarship to your account. Only applicants with a balance owed after ALL other aid funds are applied will receive scholarship funds. Completion of an application does not guarantee a scholarship award.
Terms & Conditions
AGREEMENT: READ the following statement carefully and SIGN your application indicating understanding and agreement: I understand that in order to be considered for a scholarship
- Have been accepted for admission to college/university/trade or vocation school in FL, GA, SC, NC, AL, TN.
- Have a FAFSA on file with the Financial Aid Office prior to submitting this application,
- Have a signed statement by my physician, including his/her contact information, verifying my diagnosis of cystic fibrosis.
- Have been accepted at a college, university, or trade/vocational school for the upcoming semester
- Be in good academic standing (not on warning, probation, or have any holds on my account),
- Return all necessary forms and attachments by the specified deadline.
- I understand that: any scholarship funds awarded to me may be used only for tuition and/or other fees; any funds awarded will be paid directly to the learning institution and NO checks will be issued to me
- Scholarships will be awarded in an amount up to $2500
- Scholarship funds will not be used to reimburse me for any expenses I have paid out of pocket prior to being notified of scholarship award; Student Loan funds, WIOA, Veterans Benefits, etc. are considered Financial Aid and any funds I receive must be used to cover tuition and fees prior to my receiving Dylan’s Dream Foundation scholarship funds;
- Foundation Scholarships are awarded on a semester by semester basis and that I must re-apply each semester if I need to obtain assistance through the Dylan’s Dream Foundation
- I give permission to release to the Dylan’s Dream Foundation all my academic history and financial aid information while a student at college, university, or trade/vocational school. This includes all grades at the end of each semester. Financial aid information will include the amount of grants, loans, scholarships, estimated family contribution, financial aid award letter, and any other information contained in my financial aid file held in the Office of Financial Aid.
- I understand that my name, if selected for a scholarship, may be publicized. I certify that all information I have provided on this form and in my essay is true and accurate.
Online Scholarship Application
Special Note: Foundation scholarships are funded by gifts made to the Dylan’s Dream Foundation from individual donors and private businesses. Funds may not always be available for scholarships from the Foundation. The Dylan’s Dream Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law)